The Basics of Hazardous Materials Management course is an excellent introductory level course for those not familiar with the intricacies and inter-meshing of DOT, Fire Code, OSHA, EPA, and State requirements for the safe storage and use of hazardous materials. This course was developed for the facility managers and supervisors, technicians, engineers and others whose job responsibilities may include overseeing workplace environmental, health and safety (EHS) and management of hazardous materials. The Hazardous Materials Management seminar is a two day, Instructor-led safety course held in Denver, CO.
Introduction - Compliance with the statutory and regulatory framework
- DOT - classifications, packaging and security awareness
- Fire Code - Hazardous Materials Inventory Statements and Management Plans (HMIS, HMMP), Permitting, and Life Safety
- OSHA - Workplace Safety, HAZWOPER Requirements, Hazard Communications (HAZCOM), and Laboratory Safety
- EPA - Storage and Disposal Requirements, Spills and Cleanup Requirements, and SARA Title III requirements including TIER II reports
- Chemistry and Toxicology
- State Environmental compliance
- Safe Storage and Compatibility
Lack of knowledge and compliance with the numerous hazardous materials regulations can result in violations and fines from the regulatory agencies and also risk the health and safety of workers and the general public. Don't make the news because of a spill or accident, learn what you need to know to have a safe workplace that is compliant with the law.
Class Dates: (click a date to register)
- By Request (call 303-360-9801 to schedule)
Class Time: 8 AM - 5 PM
Duration: Two consecutive 8 Hour days.
© Hazmat Plans & Programs
30 S. Havana St., STE. 304F
Aurora, CO 80012
Serving Colorado, Wyoming and surrounding areas.